MEARU is based in The Mackintosh School of Architecture's Bourdon Building. Facilities include offices and studios, computer suites for CAD, Energy, Lighting, acoustic and CFD modelling. There are also technical workshops for computer and physical modelling.
MEARU have the following facilities and expertise in energy auditing which have been applied in recent and ongoing projects:
- Durational CO2, humidity and temperature sensors with radio controlled data loggers to assess air quality and building performance.
- Handheld monitoring devices to take instantaneous environmental CO2, humidity and temperature readings.
- Co-heating test equipment to assess the heat loss through the thermal envelope of a building.
- Heat flux meters to measure in-situ U values.
- Thermographic camera to identify problems in existing buildings.
- Sound level meters to undertake acoustic evaluations.
- Lux level meters to measure daylight levels.
- Power flow hood to measure air flow rate from mechanical ventilation systems.
- VOC sensor kit to detect air borne particulates and formaldehydes.